If you didn't know, the Gboard keyboard became available on the App Store on May 12, 2016. It allows for searching of Google from anywhere you might be on your phone. Whether you're typing an email or a note, you can search Google without having to exit the program you are using to open up the Google app and complete your searching.
Here's how to get it and use it:
- Download Gboard from the iTunes App Store here
- Once installed, open the app and follow the instructions on the screen
- Whenever you are using your keyboard, in any app or messaging platform, simply click and hold on the globe icon on the bottom row of the keyboard.
- A pop-up will appear, and from here, you can select the Gboard keyboard.
- Once the keyboard changes, tap on the Google "G" on the upper left.
- Now type whatever it is you are looking the answer for, and it will appear right below the entry field, without leaving the app you're working in!