Podcast Guest Instructions
We're so honored and excited to have you as a guest on our podcast and live-stream video show hosted on the Huzza platform. The reach both audio and video has is incredible, and the mere fact it is accessible to people like us makes it even more valuable. In fact, more and more automobiles are being manufactured with the capability to tune into podcasts, right from your dashboard!
What's A Podcast and What's Huzza?
In simple terms, a podcast is a radio show. By recording a show with or without guests, individuals, groups and companies are able to produce their own show, which they upload to various audio hosting services. The show is then available for download through services like iTunes and Stitcher Radio. Listeners can subscribe to the show, as well as download it, onto their computers and mobile devices, to be listened to at a convenient time. Many listeners listen to podcasts on their commute into work or while flying across the country.
Huzza is one of the coolest social media live stream video platforms to come to fruition in 2016. Again, in simple terms, Huzza is pretty much a TV show on social media. By going to Huzza.io, you can view shows on a myriad of topics. We've found great success with Huzza as it relates to meeting people who simply want to ask police officers questions, or want to know the personal side of law enforcement.
Your Brand, Your Image
The quality of your voice and image is very important. In fact, we've heard from several people that if the audio quality or the sharpness of a person's image is not excellent, they will simply tune out or move on to something else. Don't let this happen to you or your brand. This is your opportunity to gain exposure and have your voice heard.
This is your reputation being placed out on the world wide web. People will form opinions of you and or your company based off of everything they see and hear. Let's make it the best we can!
Minimum Account Requirements
In order to participate in the show, you must have a Twitter account. From there, you will need to sign up with Huzza to enter the platform. Simply click on Sign In at the top of the website and authorize Huzza to authenticate your Twitter account. Once you have an account, you're good to go!
Please consider the following tips to ensure a highly successful experience with not only us, but our followers as well.
- Microphone: Please connect a high quality microphone, if possible, to your computer. We personally use the Audio Technica ATR 2100 USB, which you can purchase for around $55. The sound quality is amazing, and if you intend on doing any recordings, podcasts, videos, skype calls or Facetime calls in the future, you'll use this microphone over and over.
- Earphones/Headphones: It's required you have a et of earphones or headphones. This is to prevent feedback or your receiving audio being picked up by the microphone, causing an echo effect.
- Lighting: You'll need to be in a well-lit room. Whether using natural sunlight or standard room lighting, people want and need to see who they are interacting with or watching. Dark rooms or shadows can actually cause your camera to have problems focusing and producing a sharp display.
- Network: If you have several devices, such as tablets, phones, surveillance cameras, WiFi thermostats and lights, etc., connected to your network, consider temporarily turning them off or disabling them. It's critical your connection to the internet is as clean and smooth as possible.
- Clothing: Wear something that isn't going to distract our viewers from what we really want them to focus on - your message. Don't wear colors which will wash out into your background. Refrain from wearing clothing that makes noise if you adjust your arms, raise your hands or move in your seat.
- Background Noise/Activity: Again, we don't want the focus taken away from you, or us. Please take this into consideration when choosing an area to complete your recording.
- Notifications/Phones: Please silence your computer's notification settings, alarms, bells and whistles. Consider placing your phone somewhere other than on your desk, for when it is set to vibrate, the sound is intensified into the microphone.
- Reference Material: Please have links to anything you reference, like a website or document, handy. These can be placed in the show notes or live comment section, for our viewers.
The Most Important Step - Test
Please test your entire system prior to the show beginning. Make sure your computer's audio settings are set to use your microphone and headset, and that your lighting and network are optimal. We will send you a link where you can meet with us online prior to the show beginning, so we can check everything with you.
Our Viewers and Listeners Deserve The Best
Just as important it is that your online image be the best it can be when recording a podcast or BLAB session with us, our viewers and listeners online experience is just as important, if not more. We want our show to be the best, and we want people to come back for more.
Your help in making this happen is very much appreciated. We look forward to having some fun with you online!